Step 1 – Go to the Place Order Page, complete the place order form and make payment via Paypal’s secure payment system (Paypal’s payment system accepts payments from paypal accounts or any major credit or debit card).
Step 2 – BVICompanySearches.com conducts the BVI Company search at the BVI Registry of Corporate Affairs and provides a Search Report and copies of the company documents in PDF format by email. This completes the transaction generally within 2-3 working days or 1 business day depending on the purchase made.
Step 3 – If you have requested a Certificate of Good Standing, a certified copy of the Certificate of Incorporation, or a certified copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association, then copies will be provided by email with the originals to follow by post or courier upon request (generally within 3-5 business days).
Note: If based on the information provided, we cannot conduct the search (i.e. the name of the company is not correct) we will notify you. The fees are non-refundable.
Delivery of Items
Companies Registry Search
You will get:
- A search report sent by e-mail (confirming the company’s existence, company name; company number; legal status, name change if any; incorporation date, company type, authorised shares, type of shares and registered agent / registered office, struck off date if relevant, and last license fee payment.)
Copies of all corporate documents filed by the company at the BVI Registry of Corporate Affairs. The following documents are generally available:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Copies of filed amendments (if any)
- Register of mortgages/charges filed at the BVI Registry (if any)
- Copies of any other documents filed with the BVI Registry of Corporate Affairs.
List of Directors
You will get the names of current directors of a BVI Company on file at the Registry. Shareholder and beneficial owner details are not available.
High Court Registry Search
You will get a search report by email which reveals whether there are any actions pending against the company at the BVI High Court Registry.
Certificate of Good Standing
You will get a pdf copy of the Certificate of Good Standing with the original to follow by post or courier upon request.
Certified copy of the Certificate of Incorporation
You will get a pdf copy of the certified Certificate of Incorporation with the original to follow by post or courier.
Certified Memorandum and Articles of Association
You will get a pdf copy of the certified Memorandum and Articles of Association with the original to follow by post or courier.
You will get an email which confirms whether or not a particular company is registered in the BVI, if the company is registered then you will
also be provided with the company number.
Note: Certified documents dispatched by courier could take 1-2 weeks, but is based on jurisdiction whilst documents dispatched by post could take longer.
Note: There is a non-refundable fee of US$100.00 for each service requested other than a name check if for any reason such a service cannot be carried out (for example, if the company is not registered in the BVI or the company is not in good standing). The name check service fee is non-refundable.
BVI company search and due diligence checks
The British Virgin Islands is a world leading international finance and business centre. The BVI Financial Services Commission (FSC) is the primary regulator of the financial services industry in the British Virgin Islands. The FSC is responsible for all registration of BVI business companies through the Registry of Corporate Affairs. Over 1 million BVI business companies formed since the enactment of the International Business Companies Act, 1984 which was replaced by the BVI Business Companies Act, 2004. Currently, there are over 350,000 active BVI business companies which makes the British Virgin Islands one of the most popular offshore jurisdictions in the world. A BVI business company is exempt from all BVI taxes unless it has staff and property in the BVI, and benefits from some degree of confidentiality in terms of documents publicly available at the BVI Registry of Corporate Affairs. A search company search in respect of a BVI company will reveal the current status of the company and documents that are publicly available.
BVI company documents and information available for public inspection
Documents filed by a BVI business company are available for public inspection and generally include:
- Certificate of Incorporation: This indicates that the company is registered in the British Virgin Islands on the date and with the exact name mentioned therein.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association: This contains the bylaws of the BVI business company, which is the essentially the contract between the shareholders of the company.
- Register of Mortgages and Charges: A BVI company search at the Registry of Corporate Affairs may a reveal register of mortgages and charges filed. The legislation requires that the BVI company maintains an internal register of mortgages and charges. However, publicly filing of the registers is not mandatory but they are commonly filed at the BVI Registry by mortgagees since the public filing gives them priority.
- Filed Amendments: Filed amendments could includes changes to a BVI Business company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association such as a change in authorized shares, certain other provisions, change of registered agent etc.
- Register of Directors, Shareholders and Officers of a BVI Business Company: The register of directors and officers, and register of members contain more information about a BVI business company, however, these would only be available at the BVI Registry of Corporate Affairs if the BVI business company has elected to publicly file these registers with the BVI Registry.
- VIRRGIN – Virtual Integrated Registry and General Information Network: Our Search Report is a VIRRGIN generated Report for a BVI Company which gives a summary of the company, its payment history, company status – whether it’s in good standing, inactive, in penalty, dissolved or struck off the Register of Companies.
BVI Company Records and Documents Kept at Registered Agent/Registered Office of a BVI Company
Under the BVI Business Companies Act, 2004, a registered agent is required to maintain certain company records at their office, however, the registered agent would generally need consent from its client before it would release any such documents. These documents include:
- Updated Register of Directors
- Updated Register of Members/Shareholders
- Updated Register of Officers
Certification of BVI Company Documents by Registrar:
All documents available for inspection can be certified by the Registrar which can then be notarized and apostilled through us.
NEWS / BLOG
January 1, 2023: Director names publicly available from 1 January 2023.
December 1, 2023: Names of BVI company directors to become available via company search as of January 1, 2023.
Reminder: BVI economic substance rules in effect for BVI companies. Please contact us for further information.
Take action now to check your list of directors on file at the Registry to ensure the information is consistent with that held by your registered agent. BVI Company Searches can assist you in checking the list of directors on file at the Registry for any BVI company.